Monday, July 13, 2009

They won!

Despite torrential rain, hail, thunder and gusty wind, Mum and I ventured out to watch the Hawks beat the Roos! It was a tough, wet game - more like footy in the "good old days" and the Hawks came back to win it in the last five minutes. The woman beside me was VERY excited and cheering like a school girl! Mark and Jac also had tickets and were sitting not far from us, and with the win - it was a happy trip home!
The weather was shocking!
Even the Hawks cheer squad were soaked and not very happy
but luckily that changed!
I bet Al breathed a sigh of relief!
The final score - so close it was hard to watch the last minutes!
The boys!
Just after I took this, my two favourites Brad and Roughy (Number 2) had a hug - the relief was palpable!
GO HAWKS!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are the best games, the close ones, and only if we win.
I think Hawthorn like to give value for money, because they seem to like coming from behind to win. Not a good habit to get in to.
Wish I could have been there, even with the mucky weather.
I could have wet myself with the stress of the game, and nobody would have known. lol
Love Lorraine.
xxx

The Kings said...

Oh Mum you crack me up!! The weather was shocking hey!! Lucky you had undercover seats!:)

Anonymous said...

Not quite the hawks of last year are they?